More stuff coming up for me in terms of my ALP. Certainly I re-discovered something about how I learn in different environments. Put into a group, initially, my tendency is to observe and analyse… quite good from a permaculture perspective. But I rarely take the lead straight off, I like to sit back and watch what happens with a group dynamic, only later taking the inevitable risk and getting more involved.
This has positives and negatives:
- able to identify group dynamics and how people are working / not working together
- able often to see the thing other people have missed
- when I do engage and speak, it;s usually measured and considered
- can appear withdrawn or aloof to others
- sometimes, if I’d followed my gut, spoken up and led from the start, I could have saved everyone time
- sometimes get paralysis i.e. can’t find my voice even when I want to
Other things coming up…
- Thinking about some of my notes from Day 1 (above) and some of my reflections from Day 2, I realise that this blog is basically my Learning Journal – Bingo! That was kind of my intention all along but it feels… right!
- I realise I am quite visual… I like taking photographs and then looking at them afterward – even the process of uploading them onto the blog, gives me time to reflect, and when I reflect, I learn
- The blog serves another purpose – as it’s a public account, I do think in terms of ‘speaking’ to the outside world, so I am thinking about my learning and how to present it to others… also works.
OK, enough for now…